New Archbishop to the Archdiocese of St. Matta, Iraq

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      New Archbishop to the Archdiocese of St. Matta, Iraq

      On Friday December 16, 2005 His Holiness Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas,
      Patriarch of Antioch, celebrated the Divine Liturgy at St. Ephrem
      church in St. Ephrem Seminary, Ma'arat Saidnaya, Syria and consecrated
      Rabban Mousa Abdulahad Aziz Shamani Archbishop for the Archdiocese of
      Mor Matta in Iraq, the new consecrated Archbishop given a name of Mor
      Timotheos Mousa A.Shamani.

      Mor Timotheos Mousa A. Shamani born in 1966, in Mosul, Iraq. In 1992
      he graduated from the Theological Seminary in Iraq, and in 1996 he
      obtained the Theological licentiate from Theological Seminary of
      Athena, Greece. In the same year became a monk at St. Ephrem seminary
      in Ma'arat Saidnaya, Syria.

      SOCM News Bureau
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCM-FORUM/message/7644