RE: [SORForum] Something to think about

  • Sarkessian, Gary A
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2001
      Our Global Village
      I believe that somewhere between 2-5 people would consider themselves "homosexual."

      Of these 100 people I am interested how many of them live in countries that:
      1) invent, produce and export medicines
      2) house hospitals that treat the sick from other countries
      3) provide food, shelter and clothing to victims of war, natural disaster, genocide, famine
      4) send money back to their homeland
      5) house churches whose parishioners and parishes send money and other good and services back to their country of origin.
      6) provide engineering technologies that help developing countries
      7) export food

      My point is that I used to feel guilty about being a USA citizen.  The USA puts out lots of pollution and has a lot of wealth.  But on the other hand, the USA is the cash cow of the world.  Our citizens send money to our ancestral countries through donations and investment.  The USA send peach keepers, food, medicine, tents, blankets all over the world when needed.  We send equipments, people and animals to places where there are earthquakes to help find the living.  We invent medicines, vaccines that save people's lives.  We are the bread basket of the world, sending food to even places like North Korea.

      Yes we are arrogant and greedy, and evil.  We start wars and prop up dictators.  We are duplicitous and hypocrites.  In these ways we are like much of the world.  Maybe if the USA didn't exist, then someone would have to invent it in order to help the rest of the world when it cried out for someone to help them.  Maybe we help, because we feel guilty, but at least we have the ability to help and are somehow willing to do so.

      May God Save the USA because we certainly need God to save us, because we cannot and will not save ourselves.  But when our evil becomes so great, then God will judge us and destroy us, and at least maybe the world will get less "green house" gases.  I just hope that the USA doesn't try to take someone else with us.

      Sincerely,
      Garabed Sarkessian
      Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      USA