The blessed Patriarchal Jubilee Celebrations at Damascus

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2005
      The blessed Patriarchal Jubilee Celebrations at Damascus
      By Fr. Dr. Biji Chirathilattu, Vicar,
      St.Mary's Syrian Orthodox Parish,
      Vienna

      As I got into the Austrian Flight on 12.09.05 to go to Damascus, I did
      not have any idea that God was now flying me to one of the most
      blessed and beautiful celebrations I have ever attended in my life.
      Actually I was thinking at times why I should spend so much time and
      money with my limited income to go there just to attend the
      celebrations! But on the return flight on 16.09.05 afternoon I
      exclaimed to myself "Wow! It was certainly God's plan that I should
      once again witness with my eyes the glory of the Syriac Orthodox
      Church, especially of its supreme Head Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka Iws I,
      The Patriarch of Antioch and all the East."

      To read the Travelogue, please visit
      http://www.socdigest.org/news/02sep05.html