Something to think about

  • MM
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2001
      Our Global Village

      If we could shrink the earth’s population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would probably look something like the following.

      There would be:

      57 Asians [including Oceania/Australia]

      21 Europeans

      14 from the Western Hemisphere [North & South]

      8 Africans

      52 would be female

      48 would be male

      70 would be from religions other than Christianity

      30 would be Christian

      70 would be non-white

      30 would be white

      90 would be heterosexual

      10 would be homosexual

      6 people would possess 59% of the entire world’s wealth, and all 6 of these would be from the United States.

      80 would live in sub-standard housing

      70 would be unable to read

      50 would suffer from malnutrition

      10 would be disabled

      1 would be near death

      1 would be near birth

      1 would have a college education

      1 would own a computer

      When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding, and education becomes glaringly apparent!