Re: [SORForum] Intention in Mysteries

  • Tibebe-Iyesus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2005
      Dear Sir,

      It may be possible to deceive the bishop or priest, but how can one deceive God the Holy Spirit who knows the contents of the heart and effects the Holy Mysteries?

      "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Spirit...?  why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God."
      Acts 5:3-4

      Please forgive and pray for me.

      D�vide Siv�ro <davidetamara@...> wrote:

      Dear friends,
      I was reflecting on a point of theology: is it correct to say that
      the Eucharist and the conferring of Holy Orders do not happen if the
      Priest/Bishop's intent is not to consecrate that particular thing or
      person (ex. for ex. I suppose that, if a layman takes bread ina  bag
      to the church when the Priest is consecrating the Eucharist hoping
      that his bread will become the Eucharist, that bread does not
      change,and I suppose that a layman does not become a Priest if he
      stands near the Bishop consecrating another Priest, unless the
      Bishop intends to consecrate him)?
      Hoping that you can answer me I thank you with all my heart.
      BaMshiho,
      Davide

      t/Iyesus

      ethio64@...