Intention in Mysteries

  • Dàvide Sivèro
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2005
      Dear friends,
      I was reflecting on a point of theology: is it correct to say that
      the Eucharist and the conferring of Holy Orders do not happen if the
      Priest/Bishop's intent is not to consecrate that particular thing or
      person (ex. for ex. I suppose that, if a layman takes bread ina bag
      to the church when the Priest is consecrating the Eucharist hoping
      that his bread will become the Eucharist, that bread does not
      change,and I suppose that a layman does not become a Priest if he
      stands near the Bishop consecrating another Priest, unless the
      Bishop intends to consecrate him)?
      Hoping that you can answer me I thank you with all my heart.
      BaMshiho,
      Davide