A question on Palms 22:6

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2004
      Dear Biblical scholars &Theologians

      Palms 22, known as the Crucifixion Psalm. In 22:6 it says "But I am
      a worm and no man; a reproach of men, and despised by the people."
      Why did Jesus call Himself a worm?

      In HIS Love
      Thomas Daniel(Reji)
      St. George Jacobite Syrian Church
      Cheppaud, Alleppy Dist, Kerala, India
      http://groups.msn.com/StGeorgeSyrianOrthodoxChurchCheppaud
    • Tibebe-Iyesus
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2004
        I am not a Biblical scholar, but I think it was David who called himself a worm, not Our Lord.

        Thomas Daniel <daniel_reji@...> wrote:

        Dear Biblical scholars &Theologians

        Palms 22, known as the Crucifixion Psalm. In 22:6 it says "But I am
        a worm and no man; a reproach of men, and despised by the people."
        Why did Jesus call Himself a worm?

        In HIS Love
        Thomas Daniel(Reji)
        St. George Jacobite Syrian Church