Church head quarters consecrated

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2004
      H.H. Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I consecrated the Jacobite Church
      Head-quarters complex at Puthenkurishu in Ernakulam District, Kerala.
      His
      Holiness named the complex Patriarch Ignatius Zakka Iwas Center

      Due to the trials and tribulations of the Malankara Syrian Orthodox
      Church
      in the past century, the Church lacked a central facility to oversee
      the
      administration of its spiritual and temporal affairs. It became an
      absolute
      necessity for the Church in India to have a Headquarters Complex to
      fulfill
      the various and manifold services and also for the effective and
      prompt
      functioning of its administrative system. For the hundreds of parish
      churches
      and about more than one million faithful, the head-quarters complex at
      Puthenkurishu in Ernakulam District, Kerala, is a long cherished
      dream.

      H.H. Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I has blessed the site of the
      headquarters on
      April 9, 2000, during his second apostolic visit to Malankara. Now on
      His
      Holiness' third apostolic visit, the first phase of the complex will
      be
      consecrated. The Syrian Orthodox Church in India is greatly indebted
      to His
      Holiness for the Apostolic blessings and whole hearted support to
      construct
      this dream project. We continue to beseech His Holiness's prayers and
      Apostolic blessings.

      The first block of the Patriarchal Centre was consecrated on
      September 14,
      2001, the Feast Day of the Holy Cross, by H.B. Catholicos Aboon Mor
      Baselios
      Thomas I (who was then the Catholicos-Designate), assisted by
      metropolitans
      Mor Philexinos Yuhanon, Mor Themotheos Thomas, Mor Polycarpos
      Geevarghese,
      Mor Gregorios Joseph, and Mor Ivanius Matthews

      For update details of the Apostolic Visit, please visit
      http://ApostolicVisit.cjb.net or http://ApostolicVisit2004.cjb.net

      In His Love
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      Cheppaud, Alleppy Dist, Kerala, India.