Rousing reception to Patriarch at Manjanikara

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2004
      Rousing reception to Patriarch at Manjanikara

      By Our Staff Reporter

      PATHANAMTHITTA, SEPT. 22. The head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox
      Church and Patriarch of Antioch and all the East, Ignatius Zakka-I
      Iwas, has said that those who criticise the Holy Throne of Antioch
      are ``ignorant of their sins and follies and may God Almighty
      forgive them''.

      The Patriarch was delivering the blessing speech at a public meeting
      held at the Manjanikara School grounds during his visit to the
      Manjanikkara Diara near here this afternoon.

      He said the mission of the Church was service to humanity. The
      believers accorded a rousing reception to the Patriarch at the St.
      George Jacobite Church in Thiruvalla.

      He was received at the Omalloor Cross when he, escorted by a
      motorcade, reached there around 5-30 p.m. Kaniyamparampil Kurien Cor-
      Episcopa garlanded the Patriarch and he was escorted to the
      Manjanikkara Diara by the Metropolitans, Markose Mar Koorilos and
      Youhanon Mar Militheos, later.

      At the Manjanikkara Diara Church, he was received by Kuriakose Mar
      Eulios and Geevarghese Mar Divanaseus.

      The Patriarch offered prayers at the tomb of St. Elias-III, Yakoob
      Mar Eulios and Benyamin Joseph Mar Osththeos.

      A public meeting held at the Manjanikara school grounds was presided
      by the Catholicos Baselius Thomas-I.

      The Metropolitans of the Church, Youhanon Mor Peelexinos, Joseph Mor
      Gregorios, Mathews Mor Ivaneos, Kuriakose Mor Eulios, Geevarghese
      Mor Athanaseus, Markose Mor Koorilos, Kuriakos Mor Diascorus,
      Geevarghese Mor Divannaseus, Kuriakose Mor Theophilus, and Kuriakose
      Mor Savarius were among the speakers.

      http://www.hindu.com/2004/09/23/stories/2004092304440300.htm

      For more updated details http://ApostolicVisit.cjb.net or
      http://ApostolicVisit2004.cjb.net