APOSTOLIC VISIT TO INDIA 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2004
      The 3rd Apostolic visit of His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I
      Iwas the Patriarch of Antioch & All the East to INDIA

      PROGRAM SCHEDULE

      September 20,
      9.45 am Arrival of the HOLY PATRIARCH at Nedumbassery International
      Airport, Cochin
      The Government of Kerala receives the Holy Patriarch of Antioch & all
      the East as the State Guest
      Leave for Cochin escorted by the Catholicose of India Aboon Mor
      Baselios Thomas I and the Metropolitans of Malankara

      September 21,
      5.00 pm Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to inaugurate the silver
      jubilee fete of the Patriarchal consecration at the "Catholicos
      Baselios Paulose II Nagar" (Marine Drive, Ernakulam)

      September 22,
      11.00 am Visits the tomb of Mor Clemis Abraham, the L.L. Chief
      Metropolitan of the East at Chingavanam
      5.00 pm Visits the tombs of Patriarch St. Elias III, Mor Binyamin
      Joseph Mor Osthatheos and other Metropolitans at Majanikkara

      September 23,
      10.00 am Holy Episcopal Synod
      4.00 pm Patriarch to inaugurate the Golden Jubilee celebrations of
      Mar Athanasius College,at Kothamangalam

      September 24,
      9.30 am Consecration of the Church head quarters at Puthencuriz
      11.00 am Addresses the Jacobite Syrian Church Managing Committee at
      Puthencuriz
      4.00 pm Addresses the other church Committees like Sunday School
      association, EAE etc.
      5.30 pm Visits the tomb of L.L Catholicos of the East Mor Baselios
      Paulose II at Malecuriz Dayro
      7.00 pm Syrian Orthodox Theological Seminary at Udayagiri

      September 25,
      8.00 am Consecration of Holy Mooron
      1.00 pm Catholicate Cathedral at Kothamangalam
      4.00 pm Inauguration of the Church Dental College at Chelad
      5.30 pm Visits the institutions under the Mar Athanasius College
      Association

      September 26,
      9.00 am Holy Qurbono at Kottayam
      5.30 pm St. Mary's Soonoro Church, Ernakulam

      September 27,
      11.00 am 'Jacobite Syrian Christian Association' meet at
      Mulanthuruthy

      September 28 - 29
      Leave for New Delhi
      Visits Raj Ghat to pay homage to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma
      Gandhi
      Meets the Political leaders of India

      September 30
      Leave for Damascus

      *** There may be a few changes to this program which will be
      announced in due course