Introduction

  • philhar2001@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hello, my name is Philip Harran and I am baptized and confirmed Catholic who is interested in being received into the Syriac Orthodox Church. As I have received the sacraments of initiation as a Roman Catholic, would I need to repeat either of them to enter the Syriac Orthodox Church or is only a confession of faith required? Thank you and God Bless.

      Philip
    • thomas_joseph@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
        Dear Philip,

        I believe that the Syriac Orthodox Church would not re-baptize those
        who have been baptized in mainstream apostolic churches. The "one
        baptism for remission of sins" doctrine, as stated in the Nicene
        Creed, has historically favored a more lenient approach towards
        accepting the sacrament of baptism received in other churches.
        However, all received into the Church undergo chrismation.

        - Thomas