Re: Bible question

  • Paul Reji
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2004
      I thought Dr. Thomas would reply for this. Any way this is my try.
      From the book "Dotrine of Syrian orthodox church"- Rev. Dr. Curian
      Kaniyamparambil

      OT Books

      1) Books of Moses - 5
      2) Judges - 1
      3) Samuel - 2
      4) Chronicles - 2
      5) Macabees - 2
      6) Books of Prophets-16
      7) Joshua - 1
      8) Ruth - 1
      9) Kings - 2
      10 Esra & Nehamiah - 2
      11)Job -1
      12)Solomn's -4

      Notes :Solomon has 4 because proverbs are regarded as 2 books
      proverbs 25:1 onwords is considered as 2nd proverbs.
      16 books by Prpophets also includes susanna in the book of
      Daniel.

      But St.Athnatious, Dynatious of Alexndria etc has raised some doubt
      about some and restricted the used of some others

      They are
      1) Wisdom of Solomon
      2) Bar Azeera
      3) Esther
      4) Judith
      5) Tobit

      But in his H.Bible the following books are added

      1) Tobit
      2) Judith
      3) Esther
      4) Yeshu Bar assirai