Re: Apostolic Christian Church Of The Est.

  • Elijah@olynet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28 11:36 AM
      Blessings!

      I would be more than happy to elaborate on the work of the Apostolic
      Christian Church of the East. We are a small diocese, historically a
      part of the Coptic Church of Sudan, which was an independent Synod,
      now dissolved. We have no formal relations with the Syrian Orthodox
      Church directly, but are involved with the Malankara Orthodox Syrian
      Church in the United States, in discussions about being assimilated
      into the flock here as a mission to converts. We have never claimed
      to have relations with the Syrian Orthodox Church.

      The reasons for accepting such a mission into the Church are
      monifold. Firstly, Malayali children no longer speak Malayalam.
      They have no one to guide them in the Faith, that can teach Orthodoxy
      from the standpoint of an American. Always Faith in the Church is
      bound up with the culture that in order to survive here, they are
      leaving behind. We represent Orthodox Faith that is not bound to
      Indian culture, and are therefore in a better position to teach these
      young men and women.

      Also, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church doesn't grow! Only when
      another family moves from Kerala to America do the Malayalam speaking
      parishes grow. It is too difficult for converts to understand the
      Q'rbana. There are a few congregations who use the Q'rbana wholly in
      English, but they are rare.

      By accepting our Diocese (none of the discussed relationships have
      been formalised yet), the Malankara Orthodox Church is taking another
      step to welcoming converts and toward strengthening the Faith of our
      youth.

      We celebrate the Liturgy of Saint James the Apostle, follow the
      Indian Orthodox liturgical calendar, use the traditional Syriac hymns
      of Mar Ephraim, and hold dear to our hearts the sacred Tradition,
      theology, polity and practice of the Syrian Orthodox Church. We
      honour both Patriarch and Catholicos in our litany.

      Please pray for us!

      God Bless you and keep you all in an abundance of happiness, Faith
      and good health, this day and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

      Hadrian Mar Elijah Bar Israƫl
      Saint Nikolas Community
      Post Office Box 76
      Cosmopolis, WA. 98537

      http://go.easily.to/acce

      > "Apostolic Christian Church Of The Est" is claimng that presently
      > they have relations with the Syrian Orthodox Church and their
      > apostolic succession comes from the Coptic Orthodox Church of
      Egypt.