Re: [SORForum] Jesus is a Jew

  • Dàvide Sivèro
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2004
      > Jesus as his manhood nature was a Jew but the jews didn't accept
      him as saviour

      Dear friend and brother in Christ, yes of course, the Jews as a
      majority of the Jewish people, didn't, but the very first to accept
      Him were Jews. I don't know whether this happens in the Syriac
      Orthodox Church, but in other Christian Churches (ex.: the Orthodox
      Church in communion with Konstandinopolis) there even are people who
      belong to the Jewish people and to the Christian Faith. The Catholic
      Church even have "qehillot shel minhag 'Ibrit", "communities of
      Hebrew tradition", made of Jews belonging to the Roman Catholic
      Church, and in Palestine there even is an auxiliary Bishop to the
      Latin Patriarch for the Christian Jews, Hegmon Jean-Baptiste Gourion.

      > God's people is the christians not jews

      We know that Yisrael was God's people, now all the Christians,
      whether Jews (as a people, not as a religious group, which would
      imply the denying of Christian Truth) or non-Jews, are His people.

      > Isreal nowadays are criminal state

      I definitely agree with you. Of course that has nothing to do with
      the fact that Moran Yeshu' Mshi'ho was a Jew, incarnated as a Jewish
      man, that the early Church was Jewish (ethnical meaning of "Jewish",
      not the religious one: they are two different meanings), that the
      Jews have been God's chosen people, that the world wide (from
      Palestine to any other country) dispersed people of Israel and the
      state of Israel are two different things, that a Jew may hate Israeli
      politics as we two do (and several Jews do so)...
      BaMshi'ho,
      Davide