Re: [SORForum] "Anti-American Sentiments" -- Re: Easter / Prayers

  • Steve Dennehy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27 5:29 PM
      Thomas,

      I was referring specifically to paragraphs 5 and 6.
      Prasing dictators like Assad for "efforts to realize
      just and comprehensive peace in the region and her
      commitment to justice and right values" is little
      short of an outright lie. Veiled references to
      "accusations and threats against Syria, which aim at
      subdueing the whole region and plundering it's wealth
      and treasures" is obviously directed at America.
      That seems to be the party line in the Middle
      East--"America is there to steal oil and conquer the
      region". Do you really think America waznts the
      incredible headache that the Middle East is ?

      You're right, Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship, with no
      religious freedom, and is an ally of America. The
      Saud family certainly doesn't support the ultra-fun-
      damentalist Wahabi sect of Islam since it is opposed
      to them, and they have tried buying them off. The
      American government does need to put more pressure on
      the Saudi government to democratize that nation.

      The only design America has for the Middle East is to
      bring stability and hopefully, democracy to it, not
      by coercion but by example. Unfortunatwely, there is
      no tradition of democracy in any of these countries.

      It is difficult for Middle Easterners and Americans to
      communicate, principally because few Americans are
      familiar with Islam and few Middle Easterners are
      familiar with America, unless they have lived here
      which, proportionately ,few have. Mddle Easterners
      tend to get their sense of America and the American
      people from American movies, televsion, music and
      advertising, much of which is destructive and decadent
      and distorts America. This is a problem here in
      America itself between the left and the right, and
      those of us who try to hold the center.

      I am GLAD Saddam Husein is gone from power; you should
      all be glad he's gone. One less evil dictator in the
      world is to everyone's advantage, especially to the
      people of Irag and surrounding countries.

      I think it would help a great deal if the SOR forum
      focused less on the Syrian people, the Syriac language
      and the heritage of the Syrian Church and more on the
      One Who is supposed to be the point of the Syrian
      Church and every other branch of Christianity--Lord
      Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ), the living, present
      Lord of the Universe in us and among us.
      Steve

      MODERATOR:

      === message truncated ===

    • Zayd Abdul-Noor
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2004
        Jesus as his manhood nature was a Jew but the jews didn't accept him as saviour and God and this make no sense in politics as the   God's people are not the jewish people
        God's people is the christians not jews
        Isreal nowadays are criminal state and Sharon like Saddam
        do not do like Muslims and interefere relegion with politics

        Zayd Abdulnoor

        D�vide Siv�ro <davidetamara@...> wrote:
        > I'm very tired of  constant anti-American  sentiments

        Dear brother in Yeshua' hammashia'h, I take the liberty to add: how
        can it be expected that people believing in the Message of the
        Scriptures -including lots of religious Jews, who dislike Israeli and
        US politics- agree with the politics of a state (the USA) that
        supports a state (Israel) that has occupied lands where people are
        given no right, unless they are considered Jewish by the state? Jews
        living in the occupied territories, as well as Samaritans, considered
        Jewish by the state but not by the Torah, received Israeli
        citizenship, Muslims and Christians didn't.
        How can it be expected that people believing in the Message of the
        Scriptures like the civilians' deaths caused by the wars of a state,
        which has money worship as its official religion?
        This defineitely is different from being Anti-American in the meaning
        of hating the American people or any other people created by the Lord
        in the world.

        Apparrently Saddam
        > Hussein and  and Syria's Assad are living saints.

        I completely agree that Syria isn't a democracy. As to Assad, he was
        welcomed by the Neture Qarta of London (cfr.
        www.nkusa.org/activities/press/london121502.cfm ), so I don't think
        he is a bloody Anti-Semite either (it would be better to say "Anti-
        Jew" because Syrians definitely are Semites), but, surely, he isn't
        democratic.
        As to his supposed sanctity ;-) do you know that Assad isn't a true
        monotheist either, he isn't a Muslim? He is from the Nusayri sect of
        the Kurdish-originated cult of angels, which is considered a
        development of Mithraism.

        > Let's try to remember that Our Lord Yeshua Messiah
        > (Jesus Christ), our God and only Saviour, is the
        > Divine Jew not the Divine Syrian.

        Of course Yeshua' HamMashia'h was a Jew, and almost all the prophets
        and the main saints of our faith, including the mother of God, are
        Jews.
        Shalom uverakhah,
        Davide

      • Dàvide Sivèro
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2004
          > Jesus as his manhood nature was a Jew but the jews didn't accept
          him as saviour

          Dear friend and brother in Christ, yes of course, the Jews as a
          majority of the Jewish people, didn't, but the very first to accept
          Him were Jews. I don't know whether this happens in the Syriac
          Orthodox Church, but in other Christian Churches (ex.: the Orthodox
          Church in communion with Konstandinopolis) there even are people who
          belong to the Jewish people and to the Christian Faith. The Catholic
          Church even have "qehillot shel minhag 'Ibrit", "communities of
          Hebrew tradition", made of Jews belonging to the Roman Catholic
          Church, and in Palestine there even is an auxiliary Bishop to the
          Latin Patriarch for the Christian Jews, Hegmon Jean-Baptiste Gourion.

          > God's people is the christians not jews

          We know that Yisrael was God's people, now all the Christians,
          whether Jews (as a people, not as a religious group, which would
          imply the denying of Christian Truth) or non-Jews, are His people.

          > Isreal nowadays are criminal state

          I definitely agree with you. Of course that has nothing to do with
          the fact that Moran Yeshu' Mshi'ho was a Jew, incarnated as a Jewish
          man, that the early Church was Jewish (ethnical meaning of "Jewish",
          not the religious one: they are two different meanings), that the
          Jews have been God's chosen people, that the world wide (from
          Palestine to any other country) dispersed people of Israel and the
          state of Israel are two different things, that a Jew may hate Israeli
          politics as we two do (and several Jews do so)...
          BaMshi'ho,
          Davide