Re: [SORForum] Jesus is a Jew

  • Steve Dennehy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2004
      Davide,
      I,like most Americans, support the establishment of a
      Palestinian State ,as does Pres. Bush. I would like
      to see Israel withdraw from the occupied territories
      but we also have to remember these territories were
      occupied after Israel was attacked in the 1967 War.
      The Arabs, Muslim and Christian, of Israel are full
      citizens of the State of Israel and are about 20% of
      the population.
      I want a free Palestinian nation as well as a secure
      Israel.
      America is committed to Israel to it's survival and
      it's security, but we don't think everything Israel
      does is right. Like every other nation Israelis are
      good and evil.
      It isn't money worship that causes us to send our sons
      and daughters to Iraq, it was to rid Irag, the Middle
      East and the world of a very evil dictator who has
      been a constant problem to the people of Irag as well
      as to his neighbors (Iran, Kuwait). You don't know
      America, sir, you don't know the hearts of our people
      or our President. You would never accuse our nation
      of such evil. Americans are not perfect, we are good
      and evil like all people but you folks are intent on
      painitng us as all-evil and yourselves as all-good.
      Both are lies.
      Nationalsim, worship of your nation or ethnic group,
      is idolatry. Worship God alone; only God is God.
      In Lord Yeshua (Jesus) who suffered and died for the
      sins of all people.
      Steve

      http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
    • drthomas_joseph
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26, 2004
        Steve -

        The SOR-Forum is dedicated to disseminating information related to
        the spiritual heritage of the Syriac Orthodox Church. Significant
        news related to the Church are also disseminated on the forum as
        appropriate. Members of the forum are nationals of different
        countries including a number of US nationals and residents. We have
        no intent to support any political agenda including promoting any
        anti-American sentiments. At the same time, we have no intent to
        censor messages of interest to Christians in the Middle East because
        it may offend some Americans or of other nationalities.

        I assume that the quote in Message <a
        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOR-Forum/message/579">579</a>
        that provoked you is "The spiritual leaders of the Christian sects
        expressed gratitude to President Assad for his kind congratulations,
        wishing His Excellency success in leading the country and care for
        all the citizens for the best interest of Syria and the Arab Nation."

        I cannot agree with your argument that this statement is anti-
        American merely because representatives of Middle Eastern Churches
        expressed gratitude to Bashar Assad. I guess by the same token, if a
        Christian leader were to denounce the denial of civil rights to
        Christians in Saudi Arabia that would be "anti-American" as well
        because Saudi Arabia is one of the closest US allies.

        You go on to claim that the forum consistently promotes anti-American
        sentiments. Even if the above statement falls into the category
        of "anti-American", the facts do not support your claim. The archives
        of messages posted on the forum are available at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOR-Forum. You can go ahead and
        determine for yourselves the number of messages that contain any such
        statement.

        While I have no intent to open SOR-Forum for political discussion,
        the point you have raised requires a response.

        Assad is no doubt a ruler who was not democratically elected who is
        obstructing US designs for the Middle East. Now, how many allies of
        the US in the Middle East have democratically elected rulers and
        unstained hands?

        Syria is a country that is viewed as a nation that promotes terrorism
        in the Middle East by the US. Yet, Saudi Arabia, the closest ally of
        the US was the chief exporter of terrorism all over the world,
        including the terrorists of 9/11 notoriety. One cannot hide behind
        the smoke screen that terrorists were individuals acting on their
        own. The Saudi government actively funded ultra-fundamentalist
        Wahhabi schools all over the world including US and nurtured agents
        of intolerance and terror. The US did nothing about it until the
        terrorists struck America.

        Syria is perhaps the only country where Christians can live in peace,
        practice their religion without fear of reprisal, and aspire to
        equality in public life. Is an oblique acknowledgment of this fact
        anti-American? Saudi on the other hand is a land where possessing a
        Bible or Christian literature, practicing any religion other than
        Islam is a crime with grave punishment. Yet, the US is its closest
        ally; the US has not been able or willing to exert any influence on
        them to permit even a modicum of civil rights for non-Muslims. Aren't
        the human values of liberty and equality what America stands for?

        In Iraq, Christians who have lived there since time immemorial have
        been given the cold shoulder by the US administrators as the
        political future of the country is being determined. Despite the evil
        perpetrated by the butcher of Baghdad, the Christian minority fared
        better than many other countries in the Middle East; today, the
        Christian minority lives in the fear of being obliterated. In such
        circumstances, can you blame the Christians in the Middle East for
        being grateful to Assad?

        I hope you will reconsider your intemperate remarks and recognize
        that denying human beings liberty, equality and fundamental civil
        rights are truly what is "anti-American."

        Thomas Joseph
        Moderator, SOR-Forum

      • Steve Dennehy
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2004
          Thomas,

          I was referring specifically to paragraphs 5 and 6.
          Prasing dictators like Assad for "efforts to realize
          just and comprehensive peace in the region and her
          commitment to justice and right values" is little
          short of an outright lie. Veiled references to
          "accusations and threats against Syria, which aim at
          subdueing the whole region and plundering it's wealth
          and treasures" is obviously directed at America.
          That seems to be the party line in the Middle
          East--"America is there to steal oil and conquer the
          region". Do you really think America waznts the
          incredible headache that the Middle East is ?

          You're right, Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship, with no
          religious freedom, and is an ally of America. The
          Saud family certainly doesn't support the ultra-fun-
          damentalist Wahabi sect of Islam since it is opposed
          to them, and they have tried buying them off. The
          American government does need to put more pressure on
          the Saudi government to democratize that nation.

          The only design America has for the Middle East is to
          bring stability and hopefully, democracy to it, not
          by coercion but by example. Unfortunatwely, there is
          no tradition of democracy in any of these countries.

          It is difficult for Middle Easterners and Americans to
          communicate, principally because few Americans are
          familiar with Islam and few Middle Easterners are
          familiar with America, unless they have lived here
          which, proportionately ,few have. Mddle Easterners
          tend to get their sense of America and the American
          people from American movies, televsion, music and
          advertising, much of which is destructive and decadent
          and distorts America. This is a problem here in
          America itself between the left and the right, and
          those of us who try to hold the center.

          I am GLAD Saddam Husein is gone from power; you should
          all be glad he's gone. One less evil dictator in the
          world is to everyone's advantage, especially to the
          people of Irag and surrounding countries.

          I think it would help a great deal if the SOR forum
          focused less on the Syrian people, the Syriac language
          and the heritage of the Syrian Church and more on the
          One Who is supposed to be the point of the Syrian
          Church and every other branch of Christianity--Lord
          Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ), the living, present
          Lord of the Universe in us and among us.
          Steve

          MODERATOR:

          === message truncated ===

        • Zayd Abdul-Noor
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1 9:11 AM
            Jesus as his manhood nature was a Jew but the jews didn't accept him as saviour and God and this make no sense in politics as the   God's people are not the jewish people
            God's people is the christians not jews
            Isreal nowadays are criminal state and Sharon like Saddam
            do not do like Muslims and interefere relegion with politics

            Zayd Abdulnoor

            D�vide Siv�ro <davidetamara@...> wrote:
            > I'm very tired of  constant anti-American  sentiments

            Dear brother in Yeshua' hammashia'h, I take the liberty to add: how
            can it be expected that people believing in the Message of the
            Scriptures -including lots of religious Jews, who dislike Israeli and
            US politics- agree with the politics of a state (the USA) that
            supports a state (Israel) that has occupied lands where people are
            given no right, unless they are considered Jewish by the state? Jews
            living in the occupied territories, as well as Samaritans, considered
            Jewish by the state but not by the Torah, received Israeli
            citizenship, Muslims and Christians didn't.
            How can it be expected that people believing in the Message of the
            Scriptures like the civilians' deaths caused by the wars of a state,
            which has money worship as its official religion?
            This defineitely is different from being Anti-American in the meaning
            of hating the American people or any other people created by the Lord
            in the world.

            Apparrently Saddam
            > Hussein and  and Syria's Assad are living saints.

            I completely agree that Syria isn't a democracy. As to Assad, he was
            welcomed by the Neture Qarta of London (cfr.
            www.nkusa.org/activities/press/london121502.cfm ), so I don't think
            he is a bloody Anti-Semite either (it would be better to say "Anti-
            Jew" because Syrians definitely are Semites), but, surely, he isn't
            democratic.
            As to his supposed sanctity ;-) do you know that Assad isn't a true
            monotheist either, he isn't a Muslim? He is from the Nusayri sect of
            the Kurdish-originated cult of angels, which is considered a
            development of Mithraism.

            > Let's try to remember that Our Lord Yeshua Messiah
            > (Jesus Christ), our God and only Saviour, is the
            > Divine Jew not the Divine Syrian.

            Of course Yeshua' HamMashia'h was a Jew, and almost all the prophets
            and the main saints of our faith, including the mother of God, are
            Jews.
            Shalom uverakhah,
            Davide

          • Dàvide Sivèro
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2 2:43 AM
              > Jesus as his manhood nature was a Jew but the jews didn't accept
              him as saviour

              Dear friend and brother in Christ, yes of course, the Jews as a
              majority of the Jewish people, didn't, but the very first to accept
              Him were Jews. I don't know whether this happens in the Syriac
              Orthodox Church, but in other Christian Churches (ex.: the Orthodox
              Church in communion with Konstandinopolis) there even are people who
              belong to the Jewish people and to the Christian Faith. The Catholic
              Church even have "qehillot shel minhag 'Ibrit", "communities of
              Hebrew tradition", made of Jews belonging to the Roman Catholic
              Church, and in Palestine there even is an auxiliary Bishop to the
              Latin Patriarch for the Christian Jews, Hegmon Jean-Baptiste Gourion.

              > God's people is the christians not jews

              We know that Yisrael was God's people, now all the Christians,
              whether Jews (as a people, not as a religious group, which would
              imply the denying of Christian Truth) or non-Jews, are His people.

              > Isreal nowadays are criminal state

              I definitely agree with you. Of course that has nothing to do with
              the fact that Moran Yeshu' Mshi'ho was a Jew, incarnated as a Jewish
              man, that the early Church was Jewish (ethnical meaning of "Jewish",
              not the religious one: they are two different meanings), that the
              Jews have been God's chosen people, that the world wide (from
              Palestine to any other country) dispersed people of Israel and the
              state of Israel are two different things, that a Jew may hate Israeli
              politics as we two do (and several Jews do so)...
              BaMshi'ho,
              Davide