Jesus is a Jew

  • Dàvide Sivèro
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2004
      > I'm very tired of constant anti-American sentiments

      Dear brother in Yeshua' hammashia'h, I take the liberty to add: how
      can it be expected that people believing in the Message of the
      Scriptures -including lots of religious Jews, who dislike Israeli and
      US politics- agree with the politics of a state (the USA) that
      supports a state (Israel) that has occupied lands where people are
      given no right, unless they are considered Jewish by the state? Jews
      living in the occupied territories, as well as Samaritans, considered
      Jewish by the state but not by the Torah, received Israeli
      citizenship, Muslims and Christians didn't.
      How can it be expected that people believing in the Message of the
      Scriptures like the civilians' deaths caused by the wars of a state,
      which has money worship as its official religion?
      This defineitely is different from being Anti-American in the meaning
      of hating the American people or any other people created by the Lord
      in the world.

      Apparrently Saddam
      > Hussein and and Syria's Assad are living saints.

      I completely agree that Syria isn't a democracy. As to Assad, he was
      welcomed by the Neture Qarta of London (cfr.
      www.nkusa.org/activities/press/london121502.cfm ), so I don't think
      he is a bloody Anti-Semite either (it would be better to say "Anti-
      Jew" because Syrians definitely are Semites), but, surely, he isn't
      democratic.
      As to his supposed sanctity ;-) do you know that Assad isn't a true
      monotheist either, he isn't a Muslim? He is from the Nusayri sect of
      the Kurdish-originated cult of angels, which is considered a
      development of Mithraism.

      > Let's try to remember that Our Lord Yeshua Messiah
      > (Jesus Christ), our God and only Saviour, is the
      > Divine Jew not the Divine Syrian.

      Of course Yeshua' HamMashia'h was a Jew, and almost all the prophets
      and the main saints of our faith, including the mother of God, are
      Jews.
      Shalom uverakhah,
      Davide
    • Steve Dennehy
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 25, 2004
        Davide,
        I,like most Americans, support the establishment of a
        Palestinian State ,as does Pres. Bush. I would like
        to see Israel withdraw from the occupied territories
        but we also have to remember these territories were
        occupied after Israel was attacked in the 1967 War.
        The Arabs, Muslim and Christian, of Israel are full
        citizens of the State of Israel and are about 20% of
        the population.
        I want a free Palestinian nation as well as a secure
        Israel.
        America is committed to Israel to it's survival and
        it's security, but we don't think everything Israel
        does is right. Like every other nation Israelis are
        good and evil.
        It isn't money worship that causes us to send our sons
        and daughters to Iraq, it was to rid Irag, the Middle
        East and the world of a very evil dictator who has
        been a constant problem to the people of Irag as well
        as to his neighbors (Iran, Kuwait). You don't know
        America, sir, you don't know the hearts of our people
        or our President. You would never accuse our nation
        of such evil. Americans are not perfect, we are good
        and evil like all people but you folks are intent on
        painitng us as all-evil and yourselves as all-good.
        Both are lies.
        Nationalsim, worship of your nation or ethnic group,
        is idolatry. Worship God alone; only God is God.
        In Lord Yeshua (Jesus) who suffered and died for the
        sins of all people.
        Steve

        http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
      • drthomas_joseph
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 26, 2004
          Steve -

          The SOR-Forum is dedicated to disseminating information related to
          the spiritual heritage of the Syriac Orthodox Church. Significant
          news related to the Church are also disseminated on the forum as
          appropriate. Members of the forum are nationals of different
          countries including a number of US nationals and residents. We have
          no intent to support any political agenda including promoting any
          anti-American sentiments. At the same time, we have no intent to
          censor messages of interest to Christians in the Middle East because
          it may offend some Americans or of other nationalities.

          I assume that the quote in Message <a
          href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOR-Forum/message/579">579</a>
          that provoked you is "The spiritual leaders of the Christian sects
          expressed gratitude to President Assad for his kind congratulations,
          wishing His Excellency success in leading the country and care for
          all the citizens for the best interest of Syria and the Arab Nation."

          I cannot agree with your argument that this statement is anti-
          American merely because representatives of Middle Eastern Churches
          expressed gratitude to Bashar Assad. I guess by the same token, if a
          Christian leader were to denounce the denial of civil rights to
          Christians in Saudi Arabia that would be "anti-American" as well
          because Saudi Arabia is one of the closest US allies.

          You go on to claim that the forum consistently promotes anti-American
          sentiments. Even if the above statement falls into the category
          of "anti-American", the facts do not support your claim. The archives
          of messages posted on the forum are available at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOR-Forum. You can go ahead and
          determine for yourselves the number of messages that contain any such
          statement.

          While I have no intent to open SOR-Forum for political discussion,
          the point you have raised requires a response.

          Assad is no doubt a ruler who was not democratically elected who is
          obstructing US designs for the Middle East. Now, how many allies of
          the US in the Middle East have democratically elected rulers and
          unstained hands?

          Syria is a country that is viewed as a nation that promotes terrorism
          in the Middle East by the US. Yet, Saudi Arabia, the closest ally of
          the US was the chief exporter of terrorism all over the world,
          including the terrorists of 9/11 notoriety. One cannot hide behind
          the smoke screen that terrorists were individuals acting on their
          own. The Saudi government actively funded ultra-fundamentalist
          Wahhabi schools all over the world including US and nurtured agents
          of intolerance and terror. The US did nothing about it until the
          terrorists struck America.

          Syria is perhaps the only country where Christians can live in peace,
          practice their religion without fear of reprisal, and aspire to
          equality in public life. Is an oblique acknowledgment of this fact
          anti-American? Saudi on the other hand is a land where possessing a
          Bible or Christian literature, practicing any religion other than
          Islam is a crime with grave punishment. Yet, the US is its closest
          ally; the US has not been able or willing to exert any influence on
          them to permit even a modicum of civil rights for non-Muslims. Aren't
          the human values of liberty and equality what America stands for?

          In Iraq, Christians who have lived there since time immemorial have
          been given the cold shoulder by the US administrators as the
          political future of the country is being determined. Despite the evil
          perpetrated by the butcher of Baghdad, the Christian minority fared
          better than many other countries in the Middle East; today, the
          Christian minority lives in the fear of being obliterated. In such
          circumstances, can you blame the Christians in the Middle East for
          being grateful to Assad?

          I hope you will reconsider your intemperate remarks and recognize
          that denying human beings liberty, equality and fundamental civil
          rights are truly what is "anti-American."

          Thomas Joseph
          Moderator, SOR-Forum

        • Steve Dennehy
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 27, 2004
            Thomas,

            I was referring specifically to paragraphs 5 and 6.
            Prasing dictators like Assad for "efforts to realize
            just and comprehensive peace in the region and her
            commitment to justice and right values" is little
            short of an outright lie. Veiled references to
            "accusations and threats against Syria, which aim at
            subdueing the whole region and plundering it's wealth
            and treasures" is obviously directed at America.
            That seems to be the party line in the Middle
            East--"America is there to steal oil and conquer the
            region". Do you really think America waznts the
            incredible headache that the Middle East is ?

            You're right, Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship, with no
            religious freedom, and is an ally of America. The
            Saud family certainly doesn't support the ultra-fun-
            damentalist Wahabi sect of Islam since it is opposed
            to them, and they have tried buying them off. The
            American government does need to put more pressure on
            the Saudi government to democratize that nation.

            The only design America has for the Middle East is to
            bring stability and hopefully, democracy to it, not
            by coercion but by example. Unfortunatwely, there is
            no tradition of democracy in any of these countries.

            It is difficult for Middle Easterners and Americans to
            communicate, principally because few Americans are
            familiar with Islam and few Middle Easterners are
            familiar with America, unless they have lived here
            which, proportionately ,few have. Mddle Easterners
            tend to get their sense of America and the American
            people from American movies, televsion, music and
            advertising, much of which is destructive and decadent
            and distorts America. This is a problem here in
            America itself between the left and the right, and
            those of us who try to hold the center.

            I am GLAD Saddam Husein is gone from power; you should
            all be glad he's gone. One less evil dictator in the
            world is to everyone's advantage, especially to the
            people of Irag and surrounding countries.

            I think it would help a great deal if the SOR forum
            focused less on the Syrian people, the Syriac language
            and the heritage of the Syrian Church and more on the
            One Who is supposed to be the point of the Syrian
            Church and every other branch of Christianity--Lord
            Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ), the living, present
            Lord of the Universe in us and among us.
            Steve

            MODERATOR:

            === message truncated ===

          • Zayd Abdul-Noor
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2004
              Jesus as his manhood nature was a Jew but the jews didn't accept him as saviour and God and this make no sense in politics as the   God's people are not the jewish people
              God's people is the christians not jews
              Isreal nowadays are criminal state and Sharon like Saddam
              do not do like Muslims and interefere relegion with politics

              Zayd Abdulnoor

              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2004
                > Jesus as his manhood nature was a Jew but the jews didn't accept
                him as saviour

                Dear friend and brother in Christ, yes of course, the Jews as a
                majority of the Jewish people, didn't, but the very first to accept
                Him were Jews. I don't know whether this happens in the Syriac
                Orthodox Church, but in other Christian Churches (ex.: the Orthodox
                Church in communion with Konstandinopolis) there even are people who
                belong to the Jewish people and to the Christian Faith. The Catholic
                Church even have "qehillot shel minhag 'Ibrit", "communities of
                Hebrew tradition", made of Jews belonging to the Roman Catholic
                Church, and in Palestine there even is an auxiliary Bishop to the
                Latin Patriarch for the Christian Jews, Hegmon Jean-Baptiste Gourion.

                > God's people is the christians not jews

                We know that Yisrael was God's people, now all the Christians,
                whether Jews (as a people, not as a religious group, which would
                imply the denying of Christian Truth) or non-Jews, are His people.

                > Isreal nowadays are criminal state

                I definitely agree with you. Of course that has nothing to do with
                the fact that Moran Yeshu' Mshi'ho was a Jew, incarnated as a Jewish
                man, that the early Church was Jewish (ethnical meaning of "Jewish",
                not the religious one: they are two different meanings), that the
                Jews have been God's chosen people, that the world wide (from
                Palestine to any other country) dispersed people of Israel and the
                state of Israel are two different things, that a Jew may hate Israeli
                politics as we two do (and several Jews do so)...
                BaMshi'ho,
                Davide