Abune Antonios is elected as third Patriarch of the Eritrean Orthodox Church

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2004
      Abune Antonios is elected as third Patriarch of the
      Eritrean Orthodox Church. March 6, 2004
      http://www.tewahdo.com/

      Out of four archbishops, his holiness Abune Intonios
      has been elected as the third Patriarch of the
      Eritrean Orthodox Church by the joint vote of the
      Holy Synod and representatives of all dioceses in the
      presence of the delegates of the Holy Synod of
      Egyptian Orthodox Church.

      The election took place on March 4, 2004. In the
      election process representatives of the Holly Synod
      of the Egyptian Orthodox Church, representatives of
      the Eritrean churches and the clergy, representatives
      from offices of the Orthodox Papacy and monasteries'
      abbots took part.

      His ordination, as patriarch of the Eritrean Orthodox
      Church will follow soon.

      His holiness Abune Intonios has been serving as the
      acting Archbishop of the church after the death of the
      Second Patriarch, His Holiness Abune Yacob, on
      December 1 2003. Previously, His holiness Abune Intonios
      also served as the Archbishop of the Central region.
      More detail will follow soon!

      As we all have been earnestly asking God to give us a
      spiritual leader and father, God has answered our prayers,
      praise be to his Holy Name. Let's give thanks to God for
      all his works and also pray as usual, during this great
      lent, to see God's hand in all the services of our Church.

      "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to
      God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving
      thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate
      forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
      Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit
      yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that
      must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not
      with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you."
      Hebr 13: 15-17.

      In HIS Love
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      Cheppaud, Alleppy Dist, Kerala, India