New Book about Prayers and Fasts of SOC published

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24 1:48 PM
      New Book about Prayers and Fasts of SOC published

      Last week Lit Publications in Münster, Germany,published
      the doctoral thesis of Fr. Dr. Biji Chirathilattu, the
      vicar of our St. Mary's Congregation in Vienna, under
      the title "Prayers and Fasts according to Bar Ebroyo,
      A study on the prayers and fasts of the oriental
      churches". In his book, Fr.Dr. Biji goes beyond the
      age-old spiritual practises of his church based on the
      teachings of its canon giver Bar Ebroyo and delineates
      the formative influences as well as the present day
      significance of those teachings. It is a pioneering
      attempt to develop a theology of prayers and fasts from
      the oriental perspective. Almost all the pertinent
      questions regarding our prayers and fasts like why do
      we pray, how should we pray, rules and guidelines for
      prayers, the efficacy and norms of the fasts, the
      history of the fasts, the present day significance of
      the prayers and fasts etc are scholarly studied by the
      author. This book will be an enrichment to every Syrian
      Orthodox chruch believer.

      Pages 153, Price 24.90 Euro. ISBN 3-8258-6795-1.

      Only limited copies available. For copies contact
      Fr.Dr. Biji in the address

      Fr.Dr.Biji Chirathilattu Markose,
      Vicar, St.Mary's Syrian Orthodox Congregation Vienna,
      Hippgasse 25/2,A-1160 Wien, Austria.
      Ph.0043-1-9901975,
      Mobile: 06991-2741799;
      Email: bijiachan@...
      or
      The Lit Publications:
      Lit Verlag, Grindelberg 15a,
      20144 Hamburg,
      Tel.0049-40- 446446,
      Fax 0049-40-441422.
      Email: hamburg@... .

      For ordering through the ineternet
      http://www.lit-verlag.de/isbn/3-8258-6795-1.

      The book will be distributed in the North America by
      Transaction Publishers,
      Rutgers University, 35 Berrue Circle,
      Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA.
      Tel (732) 445-2280,
      Fax (732) 445-3138,
      toll free No for orders in the US (888) 999-6778.

      In HIS Love
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      Cheppaud, Alleppy Dist, Kerala, India