THE OFFICIAL DIALOGUE BETWEEN THE OO AND RC CHURCH STARTS IN CAIRO

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      THE OFFICIAL DIALOGUE BETWEEN THE ORIENTAL ORTHODOX
      CHURCHES AND ROMAN CATHOILOIC CHURCH STARTS IN CAIRO

      01/29/2004

      For the first time in the history the family of the
      Oriental Orthodox Churches and the Roman Catholic
      Church met in a context of an official theological
      Dialogue on Tuesday January 27, 2004 in Cairo, Egypt.
      The Informal dialogues, joint declarations, ecumenical
      collaboration and various encounters of the last half
      a century among these churches have significantly helped
      to set this formal process of theological dialogue.

      All members of the Oriental Orthodox family will take
      part in this dialogue. His Holiness Aram I, who has played
      an important role in this respect in terms of reminding
      the special importance of such dialogue both for the
      Oriental Churches and the Catholic Church and the
      worldwide ecumenical movement, has invited the Communion
      to address the issues seriously and with a firm commitment
      for the visible unity of the church.
      http://www.cathcil.org/v04/index.htm

      In His Love
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      Cheppaud, Alleppy (Dist), Kerala, India
      http://groups.msn.com/StGeorgeSyrianOrthodoxChurchCheppaud
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
        Dear Friends

        More detailed news and participants list on this subject can be read
        on the following link
        http://www.suryoyo-online.org/news/orientcath2004.htm

        --- In SOR-Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Daniel" <daniel_reji@h...>