New Metropolitan for Malankara Knanaya Diocese

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2004
      H.H. Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas consecrated
      Very Rev. Ramban Edavazhikkal Kuriakose as 4 th
      metropolitan of the Knanaya diocese of Malankara
      Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church at Monastery of
      St.Aphrem the Syrian,in Ma`rat Sayyidna, Damascus,
      Syria on 15 January 2004. Ramban Kuriakose assumed
      the name "MOR SEVERIUS". With the consecration,
      the Malankara Church now has 16 bishops.

      Their Eminences Mor Julius Kuriakose- secretary to
      His Holiness the Patriarch, Mor Silvanos Pathros (Homs),
      Mor Athanasius Elia , Mor Eldo Tithos (America & Canada),
      Mor Severius Saka Musal (Iraq), assisted His Holiness
      in the consecration ceremonies.

      Many dignitaries, monks, nuns, friends and around 150
      Knanaya faithful from India, Arabian Gulf, Australia,
      Europe, and America & Canada witnessed the consecration.

      Consecration photos can be viewed in SOCM-Forum Photo
      gallery with MSN

      http://groups.msn.com/SOCM-FORUM/invitations.msnw?
      action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=61

      In His Love