Re: [SORForum] Jesus prayer

  • Dàvide Sivèro
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2004
      > >>And how is the Syriac Christian mesbaha used
      >
      > We don't use it in the liturgy.

      Thank you very much for all you told me! At the page
      users.techline.com/ozias/store/store.htm a mesbaha like that used by
      Muslims cab be seen and it is said to predate both the "Eastern"
      Orthodox prayer rope and the Roman Catholic rosary... I have also
      read that both Muslim and Christian (Catholic Maronite?) Lebanese use
      a rosary with 33 beads, which represent a third of God's name for the
      Muslims...

      > For your information, his Eminenz Mor Clemis Eugene Kaplan is the
      syrian orthodox Bishop in USA

      I apologise if I used a confidential style, His Eminence!
      BaMshiho,
      Davide