Re: [SORForum] Jesus prayer

  • Gabriel Rabo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2004
      Dear Davide

      The term "("Kyrie Iisou Christe, hyie Theou, eleison me ton amartolon", i.e. "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, forgive me a sinner") " don't exists in the syrian liturgical tradition. But there are other some greek words in the syrian liturgy: stomen kalos / Kyrie eleison / sopia theou proskomen / eucharistia.

      I want let you know, that the "altar" (syr. "tablitho", a small table used under the chalice and paten) don't consecrated by the priest only by the bishop.

      >>And how is the Syriac Christian mesbaha used

      We don't use it in the liturgy.

      For your information, his Eminenz Mor Clemis Eugene Kaplan is the syrian orthodox Bishop in USA

      regards

      Gabriel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2004
        > >>And how is the Syriac Christian mesbaha used
        >
        > We don't use it in the liturgy.

        Thank you very much for all you told me! At the page
        users.techline.com/ozias/store/store.htm a mesbaha like that used by
        Muslims cab be seen and it is said to predate both the "Eastern"
        Orthodox prayer rope and the Roman Catholic rosary... I have also
        read that both Muslim and Christian (Catholic Maronite?) Lebanese use
        a rosary with 33 beads, which represent a third of God's name for the
        Muslims...

        > For your information, his Eminenz Mor Clemis Eugene Kaplan is the
        syrian orthodox Bishop in USA

        I apologise if I used a confidential style, His Eminence!
        BaMshiho,
        Davide