Re: [SORForum] Holy objects

  • Gabriel Rabo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
      Dear Davide

      About this subject see please my article http://www.suryoyo-online.org/library/geraete.pdf in Suryoyo Online Library http://www.suryoyo-online.org/library

      regards

      Gabriel
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:22 PM
      Subject: [SORForum] Holy objects

      Dear friends,
      I am interested in Syriac Orthodoxy and am researching a lot about
      the theological differences between the Churches.
      I would need know whether objects used in the Qurbono (ex. altar,
      chalice etc.) become holy/sacred only if consecrated by an ordained
      priest. I think the answer is "yes", but I would like to ask you...
      I wish a Merry Christmas to the communities that follow the Julian
      calendar! Brikh mawlodeh dMoran!
      BaMshiho,
      Davide

    • Dàvide Sivèro
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2004
        Dear Eugene and Gabriel,
        I thank you with all my heart! May God reward and bless you.
        Unluckily I cannot read the very interesting documents of www.suryoyo-
        online.org library because I do not know German :-(
        I would like to ask whether any form of the Greek Orthodox Jesus
        prayer ("Kyrie Iisou Christe, hyie Theou, eleison me ton amartolon",
        i.e. "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, forgive me a sinner") exists in
        the Syriac tradition. It is recited counting how many times it is
        said on a prayer rope.
        And how is the Syriac Christian mesbaha used?
        Thank you very much!
        Shato brikho!
        BaMshiho,
        Davide
      • mfignatius
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
          Davide,

          > I would like to ask whether any form of the Greek Orthodox Jesus
          > prayer ("Kyrie Iisou Christe, hyie Theou, eleison me ton
          amartolon",
          > i.e. "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, forgive me a sinner") exists
          in
          > the Syriac tradition. It is recited counting how many times it is
          > said on a prayer rope.

          We do have a concluding prayer that we say along with the Angelic
          Hymn of St. Athanasius. It goes:

          "Our Lord Jesus Christ, close not the door of your mercies on our
          faces m'lord, we confess that we are sinners. Have mercy on us."

          Sometimes I will chant this alone to myself in a similar fashion to
          the Jesus Prayer. The Syriac version has a wonderful pacing.

          In Christ,
          Mike