Holy objects

  • Dàvide Sivèro
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
      Dear friends,
      I am interested in Syriac Orthodoxy and am researching a lot about
      the theological differences between the Churches.
      I would need know whether objects used in the Qurbono (ex. altar,
      chalice etc.) become holy/sacred only if consecrated by an ordained
      priest. I think the answer is "yes", but I would like to ask you...
      I wish a Merry Christmas to the communities that follow the Julian
      calendar! Brikh mawlodeh dMoran!
      BaMshiho,
      Davide
    • drthomas_joseph
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2004
        Dàvide -

        In the Appendix to the Anaphoras published by late Mor Athanasius
        Samuel in 1991, you will find a prayer for the consecration of
        vestments, vessels, etc. You can access this at

        http://sor.cua.edu/Liturgy/Anaphora/CnscrVes.html

        Thomas Joseph
        Web Master, SOR

        --- In SOR-Forum@yahoogroups.com, Dàvide Sivèro <davidetamara@t...>