EASTERN AND ORIENTAL ORTHODOX LEADERS COME TOGETHER

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2003
      EASTERN AND ORIENTAL ORTHODOX LEADERS COME TOGETHER
      AT EASTERN DIOCESAN CENTER TO HONOR PRIMATE OF
      ORTHODOX CHURCH IN AMERICA

      By Jake Goshert

      Their tongues speak many different languages, from
      Armenian and Russian to Greek and Syriac. But their
      hearts spoke the common language of God's love.
      "Hardly a month goes by that we do not meet each other,
      or communicate in some way. That is as it should be"
      rchbishop Khajag Barsamian, Primate of the Diocese
      of the Armenian Church of America (Eastern), told
      a group of Oriental and Eastern Orthodox church
      leaders gathered on Wednesday, December 10, 2003, a
      t the Diocesan Complex in New York City. They were
      there to welcome His Beatitude Metropolitan Herman,
      the Orthodox Church in America's recently elected
      Primate

      We've learned about our sister churches," said
      His Eminence Archbishop Cyril Aphrem Karim of the
      Syrian Orthodox Church of America. "There is a lot
      more to be learned from each other, as orthodox
      churches witnessing in the western world. There is
      a need to come together and learn from each other."

      To read more about it and view the pictures, please visit
      http://www.armenianchurch.org/news/index3.php?
      newsid=326&selmonth=12&selyear=2003

      In His Love
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)