Holy Apostle's Fast (16 June - 29 June)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2003
      Holy Apostle's Fast (16 June - 29 June)

      On June 29, we celebrate the feasts of Saints Peter and Paul,
      two men whose dedication to the formation and sustenance of
      Christianity in the first century AD made them true pillars of
      the Church.

      Both men were chosen by Christ to minister to the world and both
      were given new names to mark their new life in Christ. They both
      embraced their martyrdom in Rome circa 67 AD.

      On June 30 we also celebrate the Holy Apostles whose ministry to all
      ends of the known world spread the message of God's Word further.
      (The Fast of the Holy Apostles Peter & Paul begins Monday 16 June.
      It requires the same preparation as any Lenten period.) Their resolve,
      commitment and enthusiasm gave our Church life and firm ground.

      We should look tothem for inspiration as we work towards the support
      and growth of our Church.

      Thomas Daniel (Reji)
      Cheppaud, Kerala, India