Sebastian Brock's Intro to Syriac Studies

  • Thomas Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2003
      Prof. Sebastian Brock's Introduction to Syriac Studies published in the
      Horizons in Semitic Studies: Articles for the Student (Semitics Study Aids
      8; Birmingham: Dept. of Theology, University of Birmingham, 1980), 1-33, is
      available on the web at the address below.

      Thomas Joseph, Ph.D.
      Web Master, Syrian Orthodox Resources [ sor.cua.edu ]
      Tech. Editor, Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies [ syrcom.cua.edu/Hugoye ]

      From: Kristian Heal <kristian_heal@...>
      Subject: An Introduction to Syriac Studies

      I am pleased to announce that Sebastian Brock's article, "An
      Introduction to Syriac Studies," is freely available on the Website of
      Brigham Young University's Eastern Christian Texts series
      (http://meti.byu.edu/eastern.html). Just click on the "Resources" link
      on the left-hand menu bar and you will find a link to the article, which
      is in PDF format.

      We are grateful to Dr. Brock and to the Department of Theology at the
      University of Birmingham for kind permission to reproduce this splendid
      introduction to Syriac studies.

      With best regards,

      Kristian Heal

      Mr. Kristian S. Heal M.St. (Oxon)
      Editor, Eastern Christian Texts series
      Research Associate
      Institute for the Study and Preservation of Ancient Religious Texts
      Brigham Young University
      Stadium East House - METI
      Provo, UT 84604
      Tel. +1 801 418 1278