Re: [SORForum] Christianity in Arabia

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2001
      ... one more item in Arabic:

      Muhammad al-Terihi, al-Touraihi, Diyarat wal-amkinah al-nisraniyyah fi
      al-kufah wa-dawahiihaa [Monasteries and Christian places in Kufah and the
      surrounding Areas] (Beirut, 1981). The cover of this book has the title in
      Syriac in the background!!

      George Kiraz

      --------------------------
      George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
      Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute
      http://www.BethMardutho.org

      Read Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies: http://syrcom.cua.edu/Hugoye
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2001
        Thanks a bunch George!

        Fr. Tarzi gave me your Syriac for Beginners book, and it has been wonderful. Are there any plans for a second edition or perhaps a hardcover, text-book style edition? And what about an Audio CD?

        Taudi,
        Mike
      • George Kiraz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2001
          My Syriac for Beginners requires much revision for a second edition (or
          actually re-writing). It is on my projects "to-do", but alas time is
          limited. But hopefully one day -- but don't wait, start learning Syriac from
          other books :-)

          George Kiraz