Re: [SORForum] Christianity in Arabia

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2001
      English works:

      J. Trimingham, Christianity among the Arabs in Pre-Islamic Times (Librairie
      du Liban, 1990)
      A. Wessels, Arab and Christian: Christians in the Middle East (1995)

      Arabic works:

      Husein al-Udaat, al-Arab al-Nasaaraa [The Christian Arabs] (Damascus, 1992)
      Abul Rahim Abu Husein and Salih Saadawi, al-kanaais fi al-sijil al-uthmaani
      (1867-1922) [The Christian Churches in the Ottoman Archives 1867-1922).
      (Jordan 1988).

      George Kiraz

      --------------------------
      George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
      Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute
      http://www.BethMardutho.org

      Read Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies: http://syrcom.cua.edu/Hugoye
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2001
        ... one more item in Arabic:

        Muhammad al-Terihi, al-Touraihi, Diyarat wal-amkinah al-nisraniyyah fi
        al-kufah wa-dawahiihaa [Monasteries and Christian places in Kufah and the
        surrounding Areas] (Beirut, 1981). The cover of this book has the title in
        Syriac in the background!!

        George Kiraz

        --------------------------

      • maurnicus@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2001
          Thanks a bunch George!

          Fr. Tarzi gave me your Syriac for Beginners book, and it has been wonderful. Are there any plans for a second edition or perhaps a hardcover, text-book style edition? And what about an Audio CD?

          Taudi,
          Mike
        • George Kiraz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2001
            My Syriac for Beginners requires much revision for a second edition (or
            actually re-writing). It is on my projects "to-do", but alas time is
            limited. But hopefully one day -- but don't wait, start learning Syriac from
            other books :-)

            George Kiraz