[SORForum] Re: Sign of the Cross

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 1999
      From http://www.netadventure.com/~soc/Intro/index.html

      "The sign of the cross is made with the right hand. The thumb, first finger
      and second finger are brought together and the first finger is extended
      further than the thumb and second finger, indicating that Christ is the One
      and Only Savior. The sign of the cross is drawn starting from the forehead,
      down to the breast and then from the left to the right shoulder. This
      tradition symbolizes that the Lord Christ, came down to earth from the
      heights, and redeemed our earthly body from the gloomy paths of darkness
      (left), to the paths of truth and light (right)."

      I hope this helps...

      GK

      ----------
      George Anton Kiraz, Ph.D.