Re: [SORForum] Introduction and a question.

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2001
      Anthony, there is an agreement between the Roman Cath Church and the Syriac
      Orthodox Church where members of each church can receive the Eucharist in
      the other church in areas where there are no parishes of their own. As
      usual, things are not followed to the letter -- fortunately in this case, so
      you should have no problem receiving the Eucharist.

      In some Syriac parishes, the Eucharist is given on regular basis, but in
      some they are given at the end of the service on-demand. I cannot recall
      what is done in the L.I. parish. If it is the latter case, then you need to
      let the priest know that you would like to receive the Holy Eucharist.

      Hope this helps.

      George Kiraz

      George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
      Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute