Meeting of OO Leaders

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2003
      MEETING BETWEEN HEADS OF THE ORIENTAL ORTHODOX CHURCHES IN THE MIDDLE EAST

      (LEBANON) His Holiness Aram I, Catholicos of Cilicia of the Armenian
      Orthodox Church, His Holiness Paulos, Patriarch of the Ethiopian Church, and
      His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East of
      the Syrian Orthodox Church, held a meeting on Saturday 28 December 2002, at
      Antelias.

      Discussions focused on issues related to the Churches in general and the
      Oriental Orthodox Churches in particular. The Heads of the three Oriental
      Orthodox churches committed themselves to facing the current challenges
      together. They also discussed the possibilities of future collaboration.

      Aram I invited representatives from the three sister Churches of the
      Oriental Orthodox family and lay representatives of the Armenian Community
      to a luncheon in honor of Patriarchs Paulos I and Ignatius Zakka I.

      During the luncheon His Holiness Aram I expressed his joy for the positive
      contacts between the Oriental Orthodox Churches and said that this meeting
      is an expression of their mutual love and respect.

      His Holiness Zakka I pointed out the important role played by Aram I as an
      ecumenical and international leader. He also greeted His Holiness Patriarch
      Paulos I and said that he wished to strengthen the ties between the sister
      Churches.

      His Holiness Paulos I thanked them and said that the Oriental Orthodox
      family should act together for justice and human rights. He said that there
      should be full collaboration between the sister Churches.

      http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup