HH Patriarch Visits Armenian Seminary

  • Thomas Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2002
      Source: http://www.azg.am/_EN/20021024/2002102412.shtml

      HEAD OF SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH VISITS SEMINARY

      On Tuesday October 22, His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and
      Catholicos of All Armenians, and His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I
      Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, Supreme Head of the Universal
      Syrian Orthodox Church, accompanied by bishops from both churches, visited
      the Vazkenian Theological Seminary of Sevan. The Very Rev. Fr. Bagrat
      Vartabed Galsdanian, Dean of the Seminary, greeted and received the
      entourage as they entered the complex.

      On the final day of his visit to Armenia, His Holiness Zakka I was led on a
      walking tour of the seminary by His Holiness Karekin II, who introduced him
      to the clergymen, instructors and seminarians. Fr. Galsdanian presented
      brief remarks on the history of the ancient Monastery of Sevan, and the new
      seminary which was founded in 1990.

      The seminarians presented a musical program for the enjoyment of the guests,
      upon conclusion of which, Patriarch Zakka I addressed his message to them.
      He stated in part, "This seminary is not only the future of your Church, but
      also her hope. His Holiness Karekin II, when yet still Vicar General (of the
      Araratian Pontifical Diocese), had the foresight and wisdom to found this
      establishment on the banks of this serene lake, with the blessing of
      Catholicos Vazken I, after whom your seminary is now named. May you all
      learn well, heeding your dean and instructors, so that we may proudly look
      upon you one day as the leaders of the Holy Armenian Apostolic Church."

      Following their visit to the seminary at Lake Sevan, the two Pontiffs
      returned to the Mother See of Holy Echmiadzin for a farewell dinner. The
      dinner was the final event in a four-day schedule of activities during when
      His Holiness Karekin II and the entire Armenian Church hosted the Supreme
      Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church on an official visit to
      Armenia.

      Get faster connections�-- switch to�MSN Internet Access!