HH Patriarch Visits Armenian President

  • Thomas Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2002
      21.10.2002.

      President Robert Kocharian received today the Supreme Head of the Universal
      Syrian Orthodox Church, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I, accompanied
      by the Armenian Catholicos, His Holiness Garegin II and other high-ranking
      clergy.

      Having welcomed the Patriarch�s visit to Armenia, Robert Kocharian said that
      the Armenia Church has had an extremely important contribution and role in
      the life of the Armenian nation. According to him, the Armenian Church has
      always supported the Armenian state.

      The Patriarch of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church highly praised the
      cooperation between sister-churches and emphasized that the friendship
      between the two nations and the two Churches dates back to the earliest
      years of Christianity.

      The Armenian Catholicos emphasized the importance of the Patriarch�s visit
      and said that such visits are mutually enriching. The Catholicos
      particularly emphasized the importance of close cooperation between
      spiritual leaders of Churches with similar beliefs.

      Source: The official site of the President of Armenia