Prayers of the Mystics, Part 12

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2002

      Prayers of the Mystics, Part 12: Prayers of Joseph the Visionary

      Create in me a pure heart so that Your holy power may reside within me,
      so that, through the power of Your Spirit
      I may in a spiritual fashion
      inhale Your salvation.

      Fashion in me, Lord,
      eyes within my eyes,
      so that with new eyes
      I may contemplate
      Your divine sacrifice.

      Prayers of Joseph the Visionary, in, "The Syriac Fathers On Prayer And The Spiritual Life," translated from the original Syriac- Aramaic by Sebastian Brock, Cistercian Publications