Re: [SORForum] Icon blessing

  • Nilus Nyman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2002
      Hi Thomas,
      The proper way for an ikon to be blessed in the Russian Orthodox Church is to have it behind the altar for 40 days.  Or a Priest blesses it.
      Nilus
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2002
        I don't know of a "formal" liturgical practice to do so, but I know that
        some people would ask a priest to bless a personal icon, cross, etc., and he
        would do so using any formulae of his choice.

        George Kiraz

        George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
        Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute
        http://www.BethMardutho.org