Re: [SORForum] Prayers of the Mystics, Part Five

  • Antonio Cerina
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
      Dear SORForum members,

      I have read that the Syrian Orthodox Church has decided to change its name
      to Syriac Orthodox Church in a Holy Synod in 2000. Is that right?

      Maybe somebody of you has more infos about that.

      Best wishes,
      A. Cerina

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002

        Antonio,

        The name was changed in the English language so as not to be misunderstood with the country presently called Syria.  If I'm not mistaken, the name remains the same in most other languages.

        In Christ,
        Mike