Re: [SORForum] Apostolic Christian Church Of The Est.

  • maurnicus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2000
      Shlomo,

      I spoke with a priest from the Church of the East, and he says that the
      assertion:

      "Apostolic Christian Church Of The Est" is claimng that presently
      they have relations with the Syrian Orthodox Church and their
      apostolic succession comes from the Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt

      is totally false. He said that there is a group going around calling
      themselves the "Ancient Church of the East," and this could have been the
      people you had contact with. He said that he thinks "they have NO tie to the
      Copts, but they are just using the scarity of Coptic understanding here to
      hide behind." This false group has a web-page:
      http://church-of-the-east.org/ Their quasi-religion looks like some New Age
      thing.

      Our official stance with the Church of the East can be found at:

      http://www.suryoyo-online.org/
      http://www.cired.org/east.html

      I can give you the email address of the Assyrian Priest I know if you have
      any more questions. Hope this helps!
      Peace,
      Mike

      To all Brothers,

      "Apostolic Christian Church Of The Est" is claimng that presently
      they have relations with the Syrian Orthodox Church and their
      apostolic succession comes from the Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt.

      Is this true? If so what sort of relation we have with them? Can
      anyone elaborate it pls.

      In God's Love

      Thomas Daniel