Apostolic Christian Church Of The Est.

  • Daniel Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2000
      To all Brothers,

      "Apostolic Christian Church Of The Est" is claimng that presently
      they have relations with the Syrian Orthodox Church and their
      apostolic succession comes from the Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt.

      Is this true? If so what sort of relation we have with them? Can
      anyone elaborate it pls.

      In God's Love

      Thomas Daniel
    • Elijah@olynet.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2001
        Blessings!

        I would be more than happy to elaborate on the work of the Apostolic
        Christian Church of the East. We are a small diocese, historically a
        part of the Coptic Church of Sudan, which was an independent Synod,
        now dissolved. We have no formal relations with the Syrian Orthodox
        Church directly, but are involved with the Malankara Orthodox Syrian
        Church in the United States, in discussions about being assimilated
        into the flock here as a mission to converts. We have never claimed
        to have relations with the Syrian Orthodox Church.

        The reasons for accepting such a mission into the Church are
        monifold. Firstly, Malayali children no longer speak Malayalam.
        They have no one to guide them in the Faith, that can teach Orthodoxy
        from the standpoint of an American. Always Faith in the Church is
        bound up with the culture that in order to survive here, they are
        leaving behind. We represent Orthodox Faith that is not bound to
        Indian culture, and are therefore in a better position to teach these
        young men and women.

        Also, the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church doesn't grow! Only when
        another family moves from Kerala to America do the Malayalam speaking
        parishes grow. It is too difficult for converts to understand the
        Q'rbana. There are a few congregations who use the Q'rbana wholly in
        English, but they are rare.

        By accepting our Diocese (none of the discussed relationships have
        been formalised yet), the Malankara Orthodox Church is taking another
        step to welcoming converts and toward strengthening the Faith of our
        youth.

        We celebrate the Liturgy of Saint James the Apostle, follow the
        Indian Orthodox liturgical calendar, use the traditional Syriac hymns
        of Mar Ephraim, and hold dear to our hearts the sacred Tradition,
        theology, polity and practice of the Syrian Orthodox Church. We
        honour both Patriarch and Catholicos in our litany.

        Please pray for us!

        God Bless you and keep you all in an abundance of happiness, Faith
        and good health, this day and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

        Hadrian Mar Elijah Bar Israƫl
        Saint Nikolas Community
        Post Office Box 76
        Cosmopolis, WA. 98537