Re: [SORForum] Peshitta

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
      Dear Rudolf, What do you mean by the terms "Peshitto" and "Peshitta"? Rabbula is probably NOT the one who ordered the revision of the old Syriac into the Peshitta, though he did make sure that it replaced the older Diattesarron. As I mentioned, East and West versions of the Peshitto/Peshitta are identical. May be you are talking about post Peshitta West Syriac revisions such as the Philoxonian and Harklean. These are NOT Peshitta.

      George Kiraz

      George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
      Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute
      http://www.BethMardutho.org