Re: [SORForum] Peshitta

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2002
      SOC and CotE use the same Peshitta. There are only a couple of variants or
      so in Hebrews reflecting Christology; the rest is the same.

      George Kiraz

      --------------------------
      George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
      Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute
      http://www.BethMardutho.org

      Read Hugoye: Journal of Syriac Studies: http://syrcom.cua.edu/Hugoye

        > Does the SOC use the exact same Peshitta as the CotE?  Are there
        > variant readings?
        >
        > Specifically in regards to Luke chapter 1 when Elizabeth calls Mary
        > the mother of her lord (Mor[i]).
        >
        > Also, can any of the other converts on this list email me?
        >
        > In Christ,
        > MIKE

          Rudolf A.Luhukay

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • George Kiraz
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2002
          Dear Rudolf, What do you mean by the terms "Peshitto" and "Peshitta"? Rabbula is probably NOT the one who ordered the revision of the old Syriac into the Peshitta, though he did make sure that it replaced the older Diattesarron. As I mentioned, East and West versions of the Peshitto/Peshitta are identical. May be you are talking about post Peshitta West Syriac revisions such as the Philoxonian and Harklean. These are NOT Peshitta.

          George Kiraz

          --------------------------
          George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
          Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute
          http://www.BethMardutho.org

          > Does the SOC use the exact same Peshitta as the CotE?  Are there
          > variant readings?
          >
          > Specifically in regards to Luke chapter 1 when Elizabeth calls Mary
          > the mother of her lord (Mor[i]).
          >
          > Also, can any of the other converts on this list email me?
          >
          > In Christ,
          > MIKE

            Rudolf A.Luhukay

          Do You Yahoo!?