Re: [SORForum] Mar Addai

  • George Kiraz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 11:17 AM
      The Liturgy of Mar Addai is not used in the Syrian Orthodox Church, but
      is/was used in the Maronite Church under the name "sharar". Its structure
      differs quite a lot from West Syriac liturgies. I attended a Liturgy
      performed by Mar Bawai of the COE a few months. Apart from a few pieces,
      there is hardly anything in common. The only exception is a hymn "haw
      dnorone / haw dnurane" that is almost identical in both liturgies. The hymn
      has no Christology.

      There was a Pro Oriente meeting for the Syriac-speaking family a few weeks
      back. I don't think there are any planned bi-lateral meetings between SOC
      and COE, although I personally hope that such meetings do take place.

      George Kiraz

      George A. Kiraz, Ph.D.
      Beth Mardutho: The Syriac Institute
      http://www.BethMardutho.org