Re: [SORForum] SOR Web Site Upgrade

  • maurnicus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2002

      I love the new look!

      Great job Thomas.  May the Lord bless you and all those whom God has used to teach others about our faith.
    • George Kiraz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2002
        From: "Brian Ingram" <Brian.Ingram@...>

        > Endquote
        > I am interested in what the forum members has to say about this. Do the
        > forum members believe there is still a lack of agreement between the two
        > sides of the Chalcedon Council

        Much progress has been made through the official and unofficial dialogues
        that have taken place between the various chruches through Pro Oriente and
        other meetings. Parties have come to realize that the difference lies in
        words and expressions. So the disagreement is much narrow now, but I believe
        there is still some disagreement as full communion between chalcedonian and
        non-chalcedonian churches has not been established yet.

        > There has been a common Christological Declaration signed by (11 November
        > 2001), His Holiness John Paul II, Bishop of
        > Rome and Pope of the Catholic Church, and His Holiness Mar Dinkha
        > IV,Catholicos-Patriarch of the Assyrian Church, how do the members feel
        > about it?

        This is a step in the right direction. A similar decleration was signed
        between the Pope and the former and current Syrian Orthodox patriarchs. The
        declaration is specially important to the Assyrian Church of the East as it
        remain until today the only church that goes back to Apostolic times that is
        not in communion with any other Apostolic church.