Nicaea Creed

  • daniel_reji
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2001
      Dear List

      Nicaea Creed :

      I believe in one true God ........ And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-
      begotten Son of God, Who was begotten of the Father before all worlds.....

      What does the name "Jesus Christ" mean, and how do the meanings of each
      name indicates a dogma concerning Him?

      In Our Lords Love
      Thomas Daniel
      From the land were Gospel is prohibited
      Please remember us in your prayers
    • Rudolf Luhukay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2002

        Dear All,

        First of all, I am glad that I have read it. But I still have many question on it. I try�asking one by one.

        When I read the book with the title," The History of Syriac Literature and Sciences"� it is told that at the begining of 6th century Aramaic/Syriac had been split in 2 dialects/pronounciation�that is Western Syriac and Eastern Syriac.

        But when I read "The Hidden Pearl" volume I, p.25. It is said that there is many dialects at the time of Jesus Christ (Middle Aramaic, 3rd century BC - 2nd century� AD).

        My questions are :

        1. Actually which one Aramaic of�Jesus Christ's language/dialects is? (Nabataean, Palestinian Aramaic, Palmyrene, Hatran (Harran?), Old Syriac, Biblical Aramaic, Qumran Aramaic) ?

        2. Is there any correlation between 'Western Aramaic/dialect' (at the beginning 6th century AD) and 'Western dialects'� as it is mentioned in the Hidden Pearl, vol.I, p.25 above?��

        Thank you.

        Regards,

        Rudolf

        Do You Yahoo!?