Re: [SORForum] Marriage with Roum Orthodox

  • Gabriel Rabo
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      You can read the decleration between the Syrian Orthodox and Rum orthodox Church about marriage with Rum Orthodox in the syrian orthodox Patriarchal Journal 1998 ff ? in Arabic.

      fbs

      Gabriel

      _____________________________________

      Department of Syrian Church History
      Faculty of Theology
      University of Göttingen/Germany
      _____________________________________
    • Thomas Monzell
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
        I have not seen such a letter, but one may exist. I do know that
        mutual discussions and visits have occurred and are continuing between
        the Roum Orthodox (Roman Catholic) and Syriac Orthodox Churches.

        Marriages are permitted between the two Church members without one
        having to join the other Church. In fact, there is a book describing
        how these Churches conduct marriages between members of the two
        Churches. Your local Syriac Orthodox diocese may have copies for
        sale.