Prayer with others

  • maurnicus@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2001
      I have a question about prayer with other faiths. Is there any ruling
      against praying with those who are non-Oriental Orthodox? I didn't think
      that there was considering all the ecumenical efforts by our patriarch. The
      Byzantine Orthodox it seems, are not permitted to pray with anyone who isn't
      Byzantine Orthodox. Naturally, I was wondering if there were any similar
      views from our side.

      Thanks,
      mike
    • thomas_joseph@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2001
        I am not aware of a prohibition of prayer with other faiths as such.
        The joint celebration of the divine mysteries and other sacraments is
        however permitted only where a common confession of faith exists and
        today that is restricted to the Oriental Orthodox churches.

        - Thomas