Skip to search.

The term of K'numeh, Parsopa, etc

  • Mor Efraim ben Avraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2001
      Shlomo,

      Dear All,

      I would like to know the meaning of the term
      "K'NUMEH", "PARSOPA", "HYPOSTASES", "PROSOPON",
      "PERSONAS", "SUBSTANTIA" before and after fourth
      centuries.

      As far as I know after "maj'ma" in Alexandria 362 C.E
      the Fathers of the Church used equal terminology such
      as:

      Hypostasis means Persona.
      Prosopon means Substantia.

      Thank you.