HH Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka I entered into eternal rest

  • drthomas_joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 3:16 AM
      In the hope of ressurection, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas entered into eternal rest at noon on Friday, March 21, 2015 at Kiel, Germany. His Holiness was in a hospital in Kiel when he succumbed to cardiac arrest. His remains will be taken to the monastery of Mor Yacqub of Sarugh in Warburg, Germany, where the first funeral service will be conducted on Sunday, Mar 23rd. The body will be then taken to Beirut, Lebanon, where the main funeral services will be held. The burial will take place in the Patriarchal monastery church in Ma`rrat Saydnaya near Damascus on Sunday, March 30, 2014.

      His Holiness reigned on the throne of St. Peter at Antioch for 33 ½ years, the 10th longest Patriarchal reign.

      moran ethraham `alayn
      aloho haso l-kumro
      waqeemoy men yameenokh
      b-yawmo danho raboothokh