A petition for our bishops: Immediate Action is Requested!

  • Chev. Thomas Daniel (Reji)
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 10:40 AM
      A petition for our bishops: Immediate Action is Requested!

      Dear Brothers and Sisters,

      As many of you are already aware, we are saddened to report the kidnapping of His Eminence Mor Gregorious Yuhanna Ibrahim, Archbishop of the Syriac Orthodox Church in Aleppo, Syria by an unknown armed group. Also kidnapped, along with Archbishop Yuhanna Ibrahim, was Archbishop Bolous Yazejy of the Greek Orthodox Church of Aleppo. The Archbishops were en route to Kafr Dael, a relatively small village in the outskirts of Aleppo doing humanitarian work and their pastoral duties in securing the release of two priests who were kidnapped
      earlier this year. Both Archbishops were abducted from their vehicle and have not been seen or heard from since.

      I urge everyone to take immdiate action and sign the petition to help ensure their release.

      Continue to pray for a quick and safe return of the Archbishops and that rational thinking prevail on the part of the kidnappers.
      This petition should be circulated as widely as possible. Kindly pass it along and may God continue to bless you.

      https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/save-syrian-christians-bishops-and-clergy-men/Nqrb3cv1

      Yours in Christ,

      Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim
      Archbishop
      © 2013 Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch Archdiocese of the Eastern United States
      260 Elm Avenue, Teaneck, NJ 07666